• Globalization has an ever-growing impact on the arts and culture sector, both in terms of content and topics as well as in the way arts professionals work. What has not changed is that creative and aesthetic expression are inherently reflective of cultural ideas, knowledge and values. It is therefore the core of the cultural field to know, accept, value, and take in alternative perspectives and perceptions of the world locally and internationally.
• For those professionally active in culture, transnational co-operation can bring an important added value to your practice because of its new exchange and production opportunities, while it can also pose additional challenges in terms of ensuring fair practice, networking, sustainability, and effective communication.
• If you are an arts practitioner or organisation working at a transnational level or aspire to do so, I can strengthen you in your activities based on more than 14 years of experience working in arts management and arts governance in a diverse range of organisations, in Europe and beyond.
• The building blocks of my work are reflection, developing sound projects, delivering quality work and making connections. My knowledge of the field ranges from contemporary arts, to the creative industries and cultural heritage, policy to arts practice, from small, bottom-up initiatives to established cultural institutions, and from conceptual development to financial administration and evaluation activities. Through Culture le Hic, I aim to put this experience at the service of the cultural sector.
• So, what I can do for you is make sure the right framework for your activities will be in place, accompanying your creative and operational process, while taking into account the benefits and concerns of working transnationally: ideation, concept development and strategic planning, lay out the groundwork of projects (including business plans and theory of change), clarify targets and goal setting, identify bottlenecks, monitor and coordinate projects, and carry out evaluation activities and impact assessment trajectories.
• I can help out with small assignments or be involved in more long-term projects. I also write essays (on commission) and do reporting, facilitate participatory group work, hold presentations or carry out workshops on any of the addressed topics.
I advise, I coordinate, I assess
Ideation & strategic planning
Project co-ordination / Address bottlenecks
Evaluation & impact assessment